Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Movies
I have to share. I used to be so picky about movies. I have kind of let down my guard a bit about the movies I let V watch. Well, Grandma & Grandpa bought her Pinocchio for Easter. I wouldn't let her watch it until we could watch it as a family. The entire time she kept turning and looking at me with this look I have never seen before. She was really worried about Pinocchio at the end when it appeared he was dead. We read in the scriptures about death all the time so I didn't think this would be much different. Well, at 12:30 this morning she woke up screaming for me. I went into comfort her and it took her a while to calm herself enough to tell me she didn't want me to die and then said she didn't want to die. I was heart broken. I had to stay with her for 15 minutes just rocking her to calm her down enough to go back to sleep. Well, I plan on being a little more picky again. Nightmares are hard enough on a regular day, but one that is brought on by a movie that I could have kept her from watching is another story. I just felt terrible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I completely agree. I have noticed how much my children pick up from everything, and I think the media is leaned too much on by parents. I also had a hard time with being overly scared when I was young because of things I watched, I don't want that for my children.
Yeah we have had many live and learn moments. That's how we become better parents so don't be to hard on yourself!
Post a Comment