Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Homekeeping Mission

I developed this mission statement to clarify my goals as a homekeeper:

My vision is to serve my family as I would the Lord, without worry of being paid. “And whatsoever ye do, do heartily, as unto the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the inheritance; for ye serve the Lord Christ.” Colossians 3:23-24

I will serve my family from home by becoming an excellent steward of my resources, to do much with little. “Not that I speak in respect of want; for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” Philippians 4:11

I will develop a routine and budget that preserves our time together as a family. “Better a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than a handful of sacrifices with strife.” Proverbs 17:1

I will search out the bounty of food for my family that is both healthy and inexpensive. “Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: though anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.” Psalms 23:5

I will create warm and comfortable surroundings using handmade and reused materials. “Wisdom hath buildeth her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars.” Proverbs 9:1

Now that I have come up with this I need to discover what it all means and put it into action. It is easy enough to write things down and think "That is what I want", but to do is necessary in making it meaningful and useful.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is a very inspiring list!!
I can't believe that you found my blog. I am so happy that you did:-) I emailed Carissa, I hope that she got it. We lost touch after I moved to Michigan. I would love to get back into contact with her. If you see or talk to her tell her HI from me.
I also wanted to tell you that you little girl is adorable!! You must have so much fun with her. Take care,
jessica

Walker said...

That was an awesome list! Now if I could just put all that to work, I would be set!