Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Food for Thought

Here is another favorite thought. Now if I can just keep it in my mind when I get upset.

"Shouting to make your children obey
is like using the horn to steer your car,
and you get about the same results."


~Anonymous

I found it on this great web journal http://magical-mama.livejournal.com/

3 comments:

Suzanne Unck said...

THIS IS WAY TOO ACCURATE! haha. I'll have to remember that one too. Hey it was great seeing you all last week - we need to do it again!

Cara said...

What a great quote! I love it!

Cara said...

So I just had to tell you...I explained this quote to my 7-year-old (who does a whole bunch of honking when things don't go his way). So now, at our house, when he starts throwing a fit, he gets a reminder to stop honking and try steering! :) Thanks for the quote!